Policies & Procedures
At Kid E Nation, we use REDIRECTING CHILDREN’S BEHAVIOR for all age groups. This is the only form of discipline allowed in this center. This is simply redirecting a child to do a positive action in lieu of the negative one. A child comes into this world only knowing what is modeled to them. We as Teachers, are here to redirect them in a positive manner. We strive to teach your child to use their words if they are mad or angry, find an emotion for them to relate to, and let them know that it is ok to have those feelings. We also allow them to talk it out between themselves as we assist and help direct. Discipline will be appropriate, respectful, not at all tied to food or toileting, and within appropriate developmental expectations.
CHILDREN ARE UNIQUE AND WILL GO THROUGH NEGATIVE TIMES, AND AS TEACHERS,
WE ARE HERE TO HELP ALL CHILDREN TO RESPECT OTHERS AND THEMSELVES.
LEARNING TO “PROBLEM SOLVE” AND TO “MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES”
IS SOMETHING THEY WILL DO FOREVER!!
Sick Child & Medication
At Kid E Nation, your child’s health and the health of all children enrolled are very important to us. For this reason we ask that if your child has any of the following symptoms please do not bring them to our school:
- Fever of 101 degrees or higher
- Colored nasal discharge
- Pink eye
- Rashes, bumps or any other questionable conditions
- Head lice If your child becomes sick at our school with any of the above, you will be called to pick your child up promptly. They will be asked to remain out of school for 24 hours or until all symptoms have passed AND THEY ARE FEVER FREE per the Department of Children & Families and the Health Department. There may be times when we will require a doctor’s note for your child to return to Kid E Nation. If your child becomes sick at public school, then they will not be able to attend Kid E Nation for the After School program.
- In the event that your child needs prescription medication, it must be in the prescription bottle with your child’s name and correct dosage instructions attached. You must also fill out a medication form with all the required information, signed by the parent or guardian before any medication will be given. If there is no medication form or if the dosage information on the form does not match the prescription bottle, then the medication will not be given. Kid E Nation will not administer over the counter medication to any child.
- If your child is found to have head lice, you will be called to remove your child immediately. Kid E Nation will also check all the children and take the necessary measures to help reduce the risk to others. Before your child may return to school, they must first be checked by a Teacher or the office staff. If they are nit free (no eggs) then they will be able to attend. Please allow time for this when bringing your child in so you can remain with your child during the process, in case they are not able to return. If you find your child has head lice while at home, please notify Kid E Nation so we may follow procedures at our school.
- Bumps, scrapes and other “boo-boos” will occur as children learn balance and define their gross-motor skills. In these events, our Teachers are all CPR and First Aid certified. They will administer treatment in a loving and caring way. In the event a child requires medical attention, you will be notified immediately and emergency procedures will be followed.
Here at Kid E Nation, we have a hands-on, creative atmosphere. Your child will be introduced to different types of art mediums, gardening and other fun activities both inside and outside. We ask that you please dress your child according to their potty training needs, the weather and in clothing that allows them the ability to explore and get “messy.” Please make sure your child wears sneakers with socks or sandals with a strap on the heel for their own safety outside. NO FLIP FLOPS ARE ALLOWED. Also, each child is required to have 3 extra complete changes of clothes for their cubby, in the event that they have an accident or need to be changed for any reason. All dirty clothes will be sent home with the parent.
Kid E Nation asks that you do not allow your child to bring toys from home. If your child is insistent upon brining in a toy, please bring them to the director for “safe keeping” before your child enters the classroom. Early Pre-K & VPK children are allowed to bring in show-n-tell toys on Fridays only. Kid E Nation will not be responsible for any damaged, broken or lost toys. This includes hand held video games.
During severe weather, Kid E Nation will remain open unless conditions become unsafe to operate. If the need arises and the weather becomes unsafe at the facility, we will call you to pick up your child promptly. We will follow the Orange and Seminole County School systems decision regarding school closings prior to a hurricane or tropical storm during the school year. During the summer months, if we have a hurricane or tropical storm warning, please call the school and listen to the recording to see if we are closed. After a storm, our center will reopen providing the center has electricity, water, air conditioning and there is no structural damage to the building.